Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

Default Blown compressor tank

In article 36odg.2813$1i1.168@attbi_s72,
"Dave Lyon" wrote:

"John Husvar" wrote in message
In article 2Iidg.2429$1i1.808@attbi_s72,
"Dave Lyon" wrote:

I've had my 3000 psi compressor to 4500. It never changed tone, or

seemed to
bog down the motor. Of course that's only .5 over designed pressure, and
you're talking about 10 times over.

Oooh! Ya wanna fill some tanks for me?

Sure, but I can't mail them, and I can only fill to 9000 psi.

IIRC European SCUBA divers could get tanks for 4500 psi years
ago.(smaller physical size for equivalent air volume)

I've been away from diving for a while, so I don't know what the current
systems are using. Guess I'm gonna have to google.

There was a move toward getting European tanks approved for use in the
US, but I don't know how that came out.

9000 psi? Bet that first-stage regulator is something.

--
Bring back, Oh bring back
Oh, bring back that old continuity.