Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Default Fixing a UPVC door using foam? Anyone done it or have stories to tell?

Cordless Crazy wrote:
Anyone used that Fischer 2-part foam designed for fixing door and
window frames in lieu of using regular fixings?

http://tinyurl.com/hqn4g

Was wondering whether to use it to fix my french doors (plus
sidelights either side) as the frame is 2400mm wide and in my opinion
it is too wide for the gear to work/secure it properly.

What do you reckon?

I reckon it fixes better than screws / nails / bolts or any other kind of
metal fixing...just make sure you've got the frame positioned right, you'll
not move it afterwards without a *lot* of cutting