Posted to alt.home.repair
Lhead

Default Trouble with 2 Stroke - '90's Lawnboy

It would be helpful if you knew what you were talking about. My 1986
(that's right - 20 years old) Lawnboy starts strong and runs stronger
that any push mower engine i've ever had. And believe me, I've had a
lot of them, Briggs and Techmseh. You claim that 4 strokes are "usually
quieter", "usually easier to start". Wrong on both counts. My LB starts
on the second pull EVERY time and is the quietest mower I've had.
The great thing about the Lawnboy is that there are needle bearings at
the bottom end constantly bathed in clean oil. I'm seriously expecting
another 20 years out of this mower.