Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Cost to install a ceiling fan?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Depends on where the wire has to run. Could be $200 to $500 easily.

Wow. I had no idea. There is a switch and our outlet within 12' of the
fan location. 4' across to the wall and 8' or so down.

Getting down 8' is fairly easy. Getting across the 4' can be impossible
depending on how the joists above are run. Making the turn behind the wall
with a plate at the top may be difficult or worse. There are fire stops
inside the wall about half way down.

There is surface mounted wiring systems that may or may not be acceptable to
you, but will definitely be cheaper. Check out a Google search on Wiremold
products.