Posted to alt.cable-tv,alt.home.repair
Robert Green

Default Voltage on analog CATV line

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..
This is clearly a problem for the cable company. You shouldn't try to
repair it lest they say you caused the problem. Because there is a
shock potential, this is a danger and you should get priority service.

Thanks for you input, William.

I'd like to understand the problem as fully as I can before I call the cable
company. My experience has been that their "first responders" are incapable
of serious troubleshooting. I doubt Comcast would provide priority service
for anything, anyway. They're a monopoly and they know it and recently, I
believe JD Powers recently rated them *below* used car salesmen in
trustworthiness. Updating Lily Tomlin for the 00's:

"We don't care, we don't have to. We're the cable company!"

--
Bobby G.