Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom

Default shade causing wood rot?

"grodenhiATgmailDOTcom" wrote in message
oups.com...
He hasn't outright demanded that I fix his windows or cut down the
tree, just HEAVILY hinted at it. He has stated on numerous occations
that he hates that tree and would be happy to see it go because it
causes his windows to rot and the seed pods (Maple tree) get in his
gutters. The tree is not hanging over any part of his property. Each
time I see him he seems more and more agitated by the tree. and I think
he's getting close to trying some kind of action. I'm not that worried
about keeping him happy (he's not the one paying my mortgage), but I
also don't feel like getting into any kind of ****ing match with him
either. I just state that we like the tree and will do our part to
minimize his nuisance to him (ie we stay on top of cleaning leaves and
seeds).

My neighbor's maple tree is 300 feet away, and the seeds still make their
way into my gutters when the wind's right. Oh well.

Does the tree actually hang over the property line at all? If so, and you
think he's going to make a move, like have it trimmed, be damned sure he
intends to use a professional tree service, and that you have a say in
choosing it.