Posted to sci.electronics.repair
sofie

Default Matsui TV Problem

Ideas? Yes..... you need to TAKE the television to a qualified tech at a
service shop for at the very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an
intelligent repair decision with facts instead of internet guesses.
It would be safer for you and better for your television if you immediately
put the rear cover back on your television and get it to a shop.
You can go to the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
plan to spend some search time there looking over the wealth of
troubleshooting tips, repair procedures, component testing methods and
IMPORTANT SAFETY information..
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ah sorry, was just thinking outloud. Not really too experienced in TV
repair, but did 2 year electronics course a couple of years ago, so am
willing to give it a go. I've had a look, and the arcing isn't from the
cap after all. Its next to it. There's a very big component on the
board, with several connection labelled A-G, and 2 wires (one blue, one
red) coming from it and going to the CRT. I can't for the lift of me
remember what its called. Anyway, the arcing is between that component
and another piece of metal on the board next to it. Does that give
anyone any more ideas?