Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default Tung Oil?

wrote in message
ps.com...
Toller wrote:

I have never used tung oil; it seemed too expensive for what it was.

At a garage sale today I bought a large, very old, bottle of pure tung
oil
for $0.50.

SNIP

Does this sound like a usable product, or has it gone bad from long
storage?
The brand is "Hope". Seems like a good idea...

SNIP

I never understand this line of thinking. If you buy an ancient bottle
of tung oil, what were you thinking you would use it for?

Because it is $10 bottle for $0.50. If it is good, then I have a gloat; if
it is bad I have lost $0.50.

The piece I tested it on yesterday dried nicely and looks good. I think it
is a gloat, but will test it on a larger piece before getting carried away.