Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Best way to go about a major renovation; architect, builder, etc...

Some architects are also licensed contractors. But most contractors charge
20%.

"jtpr" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thank you.

I should also mention that this house in an "historical district" and
is subject to restrictions. The architect I interviewed has worked
with them before and has a good relationship.

When I inquired as to her fee, she said it was 12% of build cost. Now
that I think this over, does that mean she will only work for us if she
is involved in the actual construction? I have never hired an
architect before, I thought it would be a flat fee.

-Jim