Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Ideal Workbench Depth & Height

"trbo20" wrote in message
oups.com...
Great suggestion, z, but I guess I do have *some* limitations. My
table saw goes in the middle of the floor.

Sounds like my setup. Mine is about 36" and I can reach the pegboard in the
back of it. Any more is just too much for my at 5'10". Height is the same
as my tablesaw, about 1/2" below the router table. The reason for that is
so long pieces going across the router table don't hit the bench next to it.

You may also want to consider a large outfeed table for the saw so it can
double as an assembly table. Ideal is the width of the saw with extensions
and about 3" to 4" deep. I don't have the room for that either so I made a
smaller one that has folding legs for when it has to be removed.

Middle of the floor is best for a bench if you have the space. I don't.