Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
ian field

Default Gold on jack and phono plug/socket

"hob" wrote in message

"Long Ranger" wrote in message
k.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...

Long Ranger wrote:

My Pioneer SX-1250 says NOT! And my 40 year old JBL speakers.
- - - - - - -

Long Ranger:
I think that is the point.... exactly.
Today's electronics are not built as robustly as that grand old
mid-seventies Pioneer SX-1250 and it's contemporary competitors.
electricitym

Yeah, I guess it is, and to think, there was no gold on those contacts! I
wonder why they lasted so long? I never even gave them a thought in all
these years.

they wipe - some of the RCA connectors, on the other hand, turn a pleasing
fuzzy tan

.
.

That's nicotine stain!