Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil

Default Bad CRT's!

Dani wrote:
Are you guys seeing as many Samsung 27" T.V's with bad pix tubes
as I am? I have seen six Samsung T.V.'s with bad CRT's just lately
Model # TXJ 2754, TXJ2750 A68ADT25X01 CRT in both cases. Also,
have seen a few JVC 27" units as well. They are RCA bonded yoke
type tubes. CRT's that are a close match can't be eeprom adjusted to
get propwer height/linearity, or sometimes horizontal width. They arc
orange inside. Like the vacuum is gone out of them. Anyone see this
in this CRT # ? Also, where do I get a CRT cross reference with newer
CRT's? Looked online allover, & "Googled" it. Can't find one with
anything
higher than A68AEC00X, to cross with the ones I have found bad. Thanks,

Dani.

I know this is sci.electronics.irepair/i BUT can it really be
economically viable to repair any CRT based TVs any more?