Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TXF2899 - Sound but no picture!

I've tried that as well. no vertical line, picture looks washed out
with screen turned up. My first thought was the screen cap, I've had a
few samsungs with bad screen caps but not the case on this one! But
thanks for the response!

Tyrone

Dani wrote:
The flyback transformer is common in these units to give no raster, or
raster after 20 minutes or so. FUH29A001 (S) I think. Measure the G2
at the CRT board. The picture will likely come back. Also, the vertical

could be bad. Turn up the G2 & you MAY have just a line. Dani.

wrote:
I am working on a Samsung TV model TXF2899 that has sound but no
picture. The filaments are lit. Screen and HV are good. The picture
appears to be blanked. I checked the CRT, it checks good. It appears
however that the signal from CXA1477AS is no good. The input is good.
I am suspecting IC501 (CXA1477AS) to be defective but am still not
quite convinced. I'm not quite sure if I am missing something. If
anyone know or has had a similar problem please respond! Thanks!

Tyrone