Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Ryobi-Troyobi

Well, I like the bigger engined Troyobi OK, but would rather not have
had to buy another tool. But good news! Troy-bilt still sells the
valves for my broken motor. $11.00 each plus shipping. Looking inside
the motor shows NO damage to the cylinder walls or valve seat. The
piston crown has slight damage but I think it's OK. The spark plug
hole needs an insert. For just one hole it looks like it will be a
custom made by E T Precision Small Engine Repair. There were 4 engines
made with the same model number but all use the same valves. Before I
order the valve I'm gonna use the good intake valve to slightly lap
the exhaust valve seat. Then this will show if the seat has any dents
in it that I can't see because of the location way into the cylinder.
ERS