Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred

Default Cracked acrylic wash basin

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message
In a temper my son decided to crack our wash basin. I presume it's

acrylic.

Are there any glues or methods of repair anyone here can recommend?

It's a coloured suite and I really can't afford to replace

everything.

And your son is now living..... where precisely .... !

I feel glues are probably not the way to go - shame if it gave way
when full. I'd just put a white one in and reckon to change the rest
of the suite as and when you can. We had a guest who managed to drop
her hair drier though an acrylic basin in the guest room. Only took
half an hour to replace it - huge appologies at breakfast then she
went out and was VERY suprised it was replaced when she came back for
lunch !

I'd sooner have hairline cracks and have it the right colour for the time
being.

I was surprised, or should I say disappointed, how thin it was. Yes it was
empty. If it had been full I doubt it would have broken. And yes he's
still living with us! I hope this is a lesson to him as well as me.