RichardS

Default That reminds me WAS: DIY piano moving

"Gnube" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:34:40 +0100, Martin Angove
wrote:

Given the likely value of a piano worth moving I'd say d:

SWIPBA*1 has a piano, it's an upright and looks pretty old to my eyes.
Made in London, and by W Barron & Co, Ltd.

A number of possible scenarios await this over grown cheese cutter in
nice enough wooden cabinet.

One of which is to dispose of it. Where on earth does one start with
that?

Can it be worth anything? I was wondering about emptying the box and
making it more interesting for life in the modern world, like maybe a
domestic internet station for downstairs and visitors. LCD screen in
middle of upper panel and keyboard where the erm,... keyboard is! ;O)

[1] is probably best avoided

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}

Well, not an expert in such matters, but is it playable? If it has a metal
frame then it may be possible to tune it properly and therefore it could be
worth something.

If it's a wooden framed model then perhaps it won't have retained much
musical value, so unless it's a collectable name (Broadwood et al) then it's
value is probably negligable.

You may get some nice, well seasoned wood out of it for projects if you
decide to break it up...

cheers
Richard

--