Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Gorman

Default Looking for floor cover/mat ideas

mac davis wrote:
On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:20:34 -0400, Leuf wrote:

On Tue, 23 May 2006 07:24:06 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

Changing the floor isn't really an option, looking more to cover it..

I don't quite get how a floor you haven't picked out yet can't be
changed. If you don't know if you'll have the money later you can buy
the tile now and store it, then you know you'll have a match and I
think you'll find the money or time to lay it yourself if the tile is
already there. Or stick the money in a bond or something.

I would not like the idea of trying to roll a table saw over a
patchwork of area rugs. If you build up a false floor you've got the
chance to run any extra electrical and maybe even the DC ducts in the
floor, though you'd need access to the ducts so I dunno how that would
work.

-Leuf

wow.. I really like the idea of running electrical under a sub-floor!

As to changing the floor, etc.....
Our house looks like it's going to be completed in "record time" for the area: 8
months for a 1,600 sq foot home..lol
All flooring, electrical, etc. are sort of carved in stone once the plans are
approved and home is started... We don't want to "rock the boat" in any way with
the builder because in the last 6 months, cost of construction has gone from $80
a foot to around $120...

I'm still thinking large anti fatigue mats, as that's what I use in my garage
now... the problem that I'm having is finding some that are bigger than 4 or 5
feet long..

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

How about rolls of the stuff,
http://www.durablecorp.com/infoanti.htm#safspun first site I got from an
exact phrase search on 'anti fatigue mat'. I saw at least 3 products 6'
wide and up to 60' long.
Joe