Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss

Default Looking for floor cover/mat ideas

mac davis wrote:

: Sort of a short version of a long story, Mike...
: We're moving to Baja California and had planned on renting the house out for a
: few years before we actually lived in it, so we decided that we'd make it a 3
: bedroom with a really big (18 x 21') 3rd bedroom... rents would be $150 a night
: as opposed to $110...
: Now we've decided to move in as son as the house is done... and the room will be
: completely finished with plastered walls and tile floor to match the rest of the
: house...
: Also, we know that we can afford things like floors and air filters now, as part
: of the sale of our house and all, but don't really know what finances will be
: like "down the road"..
: Mac

Tile will chip and break, and is uneven enough to be a pain for rolling big
tools.

I highly recommend acid-stained concrete. Our entire guesthouse has it,
including the shop, and it looks great. And it's relatively inexpensive --
we gpot the stuff from Sherwin Williams for about $50/gallon, and
each is good for at least 200 sf. Top it off with a waterbase acrylic topcoat,
and you'll be happy.

Have a look:

http://www.kemiko.com/

-- Andy Barss