Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default How do I get couplings to end in correct position when tightened?

MarkK wrote:
"deano" wrote in message
ups.com...

I got a couple of male 90° 22-15mm compression couplings to fit onto
the end of the pipes and up into the valve hot and cold inlets. This
way the pipes can go straight through the wall at a right angle.

I think people are having trouble working out what you're trying to do. The
only explanation that makes any sense to me is if you're somehow trying to
attach the compression elbows directly to the shower valve compression
fittings*. Lord knows how you'd achieve this. What you're supposed to do is
attach the shower to 15mm pipe using the compression fittings normally
supplied.

So if you use short sections of 15mm pipe between your elbows and the shower
valve Bob will be your uncle.

* Don't tell me it doesn't have compression fittings! All showers do, don't
they?

No. Mostly they have threaded fittings, which need to be attached to
compression fittings to go to copper pipes.

If this is what the OP is on about, i.e. how to get them tight when
pointing in the right direction, the answer is 'lots of PTFE tape and
stop before they are tight'

Mark