Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph Fedorak

Default Musing why we are mum about Maxi's (long & strained)

mac davis wrote:
On Sun, 21 May 2006 11:10:20 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

There are many reasons why we post so seldom about maxi lathes and so
often about minies & midis. The little ones are affordable

there you go right there, IMHO, Arch...

Just as you'll find more people to talk fords and chevys then you will rolls
royce...
I would think that a higher percentage of turners own low price lathes..
especially in this "crafts" group..

Sure, I'd like Oneway's big gun lathe and all the goodies... and a separate room
for turning... but life doesn't work that way... (at least MINE doesn't)

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Just did some turning on my new Vicmark 300 that I had sitting in my new
shop for about 6 months. FANTASTIC! Sure beats the Shopsmith that I
have been using for the last 20 years.