Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Water Based Stains?

"David" wrote in message
. ..
Leon wrote:

I do not really recall any stains having an odor unless you consider the
cheaper Minwax polyshades as a stain. More often I get strong odors from
varnishes.
Bartley Gel Stains and Varnishes are oil based and very low odor. They
can be found at better wood working stores and here.
http://www.bartleycollection.com/finish.htm
Also General Finishes have a more acceptable odor IMHO. Again, found at
better woodworking stores.

My sniffer must be more sensitive than yours then, Leon, because I can't
STAND the smell of MinWhacks oil based stains. My nose burns when I've
used those nasty stains. Other oil based stains don't bother me nearly as
much, by my preference is to use WB dyes.

Dave

That was what I was getting at.