Posted to alt.home.repair
Bert Byfield

Default DIY Willow Tree Chopping?

A couple of points of concern; the chainsaw cord could be a
hazard to life and limb in the event that one of the larger
branches gets a mind of its own and you have to move quickly.

Moving quickly 30 feet up would be a problem, for sure. I plan my
cuts pretty carefully, but it would be nice to be able to run. ;-)

Secondly, do you have any idea the volume of debris this tree is
going to produce? It will far exceed what you are imagining, is
my bet. It usually works out that way. Unless you can burn it on
site the hauling of it could be a summer long project (yea, an
exaggeration).

I cut down a group of (wild) black walnuts that were blocking the
sun from my back yard, and cut it all up, so I know what you mean.
Summer-long might not be an exageration. But I can stack it out of
the way at the start.