Posted to rec.woodworking
Petrified Woodworker

Default Which receptacle ?

I foolishly over designed . . . I have 30AMP breakers for all my 220 VAC
outlets . . . code requires receptacle to be rated as high or higher than
breaker . . .

Thanks for info . . I realize now I should have gone with 15AMP or 20 AMP
breakers & changed the one or two on off chance I needed it . .

I think I'm going to go with 6-30R receptacles & 6-30P plugs . . . . . if I
am forced to install to get final inspection . . . If the inspector will let
me wire nut, tape and cover I can do like you did as needed . . .

"Shopdog" wrote in message
Not sure why you need a 30amp breaker, but all my tools and compressor use
Cooper 1876W-single receptacle/20a-250v;2pole.3wire grounding receptacles.

Searcher