Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

Default DIY Willow Tree Chopping?

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
. 167...
I have a huge willow tree that is emitting sawdust out the bottom, and
has some dead limbs. Is this a dead tree?
Say I am too cheap to just pay the pros to cut it down. What is the
best way to get up there to cut limbs off this monster with my 16"
electric chainsaw?
I have thought about huge ladders, tree-house 2x4 steps nailed to the
tree, renting a lift, getting a tree-guy to just chop it off above 22
feet and disposing of the mess myself, so on.

A couple of points of concern; the chainsaw cord could be a hazard to life
and limb in the event that one of the larger branches gets a mind of its own
and you have to move quickly. Secondly, do you have any idea the volume of
debris this tree is going to produce? It will far exceed what you are
imagining, is my bet. It usually works out that way. Unless you can burn
it on site the hauling of it could be a summer long project (yea, an
exaggeration).