Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default How to repair this ?

wrote:
On 23 May 2006 21:35:52 -0700,
wrote:

How to repair this ?

A part of the linoleum in one of our bathrooms has unglued and curled
up.

What can we do to glue it back and how to do it ?

Any particular or special glue ?

Pls help.

Thanks
Ava

Assuming it's a newer vinyl, use a multipurpose flooring adhesive.
Force the glue under the loose ends, being careful not to break it.
(Use a hair dryer to soften the flooring before gluing). Wipe with a
wet rag to remove adhesive on the top of the flooring. Then place a
flat board across the seam and weight it down with concrete blocks or
several heavy toolboxes.. Let it sit with the weights for at least 24
hours. It's a good idea to put wax paper over the seam before the
board so you dont glue the board to the floor when the glue oozes out
of the seam.

Some people also put very small brass brads in the vinyl after gluing.
to help hold it down. You may see them, but not much. Dont use steel
brads, they rust.

Mark

I would add that it would be a good idea to carefully clean as best you
can under the lifting tile.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit