Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Messed up partition frame help

Hello,

I`d appreciate some advice on a fist-time diy frame up I did and kinda
messed up.

I've put up a 7 foot long partition wall that has some studs stick out
on one side and indent on the other side. The wood is straight but I
fear I may not have built the thing fully plumb and square. On top of
that the ceiling has already been put in around it.

The obvious problem with this is that if I put drywall on it, it will
be "wavy", not mention that it could crack later on.

Now, aside from taking the whole thing down and redoing it, can I get
away with planing and shimming? Are there other tricks to making the
thing take a slab of drywall and not cause issues later on?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much!

--PhB