Posted to alt.home.repair
bill allemann

Default Harbor Freight

I just tried their larger recip saw, and returned it immediately. At the
lower speed setting (for cutting steel) it didn't have enough torque to make
a cut at all.

I've had good luck, though, with a small hammer drill, and with their big
breaker hammer.

Bill

"badgolferman" wrote in message
Shopdog, 5/23/2006,10:26:54 PM, wrote:

DECENT QUALITY? Guess you haven't bought any combination wrenches yet huh?
Well, the quality of those are horrible, some are not even the correct
size and when you use them they expand and slip on the nut. Most of the
air tools ( at least the ones that I have) are pretty good, they have been
holding up for over a year now with no complaints. The welding wire is
good, and the sand blasting equipment is decent. I guess some of the stuff
is good, but like I said the hand tools are crap.

Searcher

Well, I just ordered a reciprocating saw or $19.99. We'll see how that
holds up.