Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Delta Mortiser

"warbler" wrote in message

FInally got to use my fancy new Delta (14-651) mortiser last evening.

Delta's "best" benchtop mortiser. So much for B&D ownership improving the
product line.

..... and welcome to the United Corporations of America, where, until lawyers
are no longer allowed to hold public office and MBA's are shot on sight, you
will continue to see an increase in shoddy goods and services.

After lining up my first actual workpiece on the machine (the leg for
an outdoor bench), I switched on the machine and began to lower the
chisel into the wood. After entering the piece, the handle broke off
the machine.

**** poor casting in China.

Why I will no longer consider Delta products of any type in my shop. Sooner
or later one of the pot metal hold down handles will break on this model ...
count on it.

Delta is shipping a new piece, no questions asked.

They should reimburse you for your time. As of 2004, I would take it back
and upgrade to a PM ... you may have better luck, maybe.

Good luck ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06