Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Looking for floor cover/mat ideas

On Wed, 24 May 2006 01:35:19 -0400, Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

Any suggestions??
Mac

Yes, one that worked beautifully for me at my old shop.
Serious conveyor belts are rubberized weave.... often 1/2" thick or more
if their duty is like coal in a power station.
Gravel pits have that stuff.
When they are replaced, the old ones are a real pain to dispose of, yet
a simple hosing off will leave one with lots of rubber flooring.
The hard part is that the stuff is usually on a roll weighing several
tons. Some companies, like they did in my case, let me unroll and cut
what I needed in situ. Free stuff.....got to love it.

that would be cool... have to see if there is anything like that around the
area...
I know that there is a cement plant and must be a quarry around, too..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis