Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

Default Wandering bandsaw blade

In article ,
says...
Hi ...

I'm trying to make friends with my new Sears 10" bandsaw. I'm trying to
cut some 1/4 inch hardboard for some templates and the blade tends to
twist as I'm follwing my curves. The manual says nothing about blade
tension. I've lowered the guide so it's just above the cutting surface.
Any suggestions of what I need to do to keep the blade on track will
be appreciated.

My first thought is that you're trying to cut too tight a curve for the
blade you're using -- or, conversely, using too wide a blade for the
curve you want to cut.

How wide is the blade, and what is the approximate radius of the curve
you're attempting?