Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Help me pleeez.. My food is rotting away!!

Ahmed wrote:
Hi All,
I have a Maytag 21 cu. ft fridge model PTB21BBGRW. It has a top freezer
(sperate door) without ice maker (3 years old only!) Picture is similar
to this:
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1894_62887331

I noticed recently that the bottom unit (with the main door) has no
cooling. (Two jugs of milk went sour after a couple of days!!). I
tried to incrase the thermostat setting but the problem is still there.
(there're two thermostat dials, one for the freezer and one for the
bottom unit)
The freezer is working very good though, plenty of cooling and the food
there gets frozen quick..

I found a wiring diagram and a list of parts (with exploded drawings)
he
http://www.partadvantage.com/store/c...GRW/PTB21BBGRW

I noticed from the wiring diagram that the bottom unit and the freezer
share the same compressor, and since the freezer is running flawlessly,
I assume that the compressor is good, and the cooling gas is charged
and not leaking..

I am good with electronics and electricity in general but I don't even
know where to start in this case. I am guessing a control unit or so
may have gone bad..

Any help is appreciated..
Thanks a lot..

Ahmed
Calgary, Alberta - Canada

HI,
Fan, check the fan which circulates the cold air to the bottom.