Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Best way to get oil into Gits Spring Loaded Ball Cups???

On 23 May 2006 21:38:58 -0700, "
wrote:

What is the best way to get oil into the Gits flush drive ball cups
that have the small spring loaded ball? I tried a needle oiler and more
oil ran out than in. This is on a rotary table and I have no idea why
they used this because the gears run in an oil bath and it takes more
than a few drops of oil to fill it? Thanks for any help...-Steve

Take a good pump oiler and file the diamter of the tip down so it fits
the hole tightly. THen use a three cornered file to file a x shaped
groove across the face of the tip.

This pushed the ball back, and seals the hole, and the grooves make
sure that the ball doesnt plug off the tip.

Works like a charm.

Gunner