Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar

Default Samsung service menu problem

On Sat, 20 May 2006 23:22:01 -0700, LeChuck put finger to keyboard and
composed:

Hello,

I'm wondering is someone can help with this issue. I was unfortunately
going through the service menu of my Samsung TX-R2435 (to see if I
could find any hint of a "wide" mode, which is advertised everywhere
for this TV, which I bought used) when I hit an option that I shouldn't
have touched. Actually I didn't think it was a command but an access to
a sub-menu. Anyway, it was called "bus stop" and what it did is
actually deactivate all controls in the TV (as well as the service menu
itself). I had to unplug it to get it to turn off. Now, when I try to
turn it on again, the light goes green as normal but then turns off
after one second and the TV remains blank (it does "charge up"). I have
tried leaving it unplugged for 4 hours but it didn't reset anything
apparently. It's as if it is locked into a perpetual state of going on
stand-by.

Does anybody have any idea on what is happening and how to fix it.

Thanks!

The service manual for the KS7A chassis is he
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=15342

Unfortunately it's not very helpful.

In the absence of a secret reset key sequence, I'd be attempting to
reprogram the EEPROM chip (24C16) by hand using the settings in the
manual, but then I have an EEPROM programmer.

- Franc Zabkar