Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Lachance

Default Oven Igniter Issue

The ignitor draws at least 3 amps. Check the current draw. If it's 3 amps or
less and the ignitor glows, It's the ignotor.
"Mark" wrote in message
.. .
My daughter's Whirlpool gas oven doesn't light, while the burners do.
I've had the same problem with my own ovens over the years, and it has
always been the igniter. I seem to recall these costing me around $30 or
$35 to replace, a risk I was willing to take on the chance it was
something else! I checked the igniter for her oven and its around $75 - a
bit more of a risk if the problem is something else.

It is a bottom line oven - probably could replace with a similar model for
around $300. No electronics involved (doesn't even have a clock). Is
there much else that could be the cause of this problem? Worth risking
the $75 that the igniter is the problem?

Thanks!

Mark