Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default ceramic tile question

"Mike Rankin" wrote in message
I will be laying ceramic tile bit by bit over the week. I have heard that
the grout should be done at once and mixed in one large batch. If it were
mixed and done in small sections then it will not match. Someone told me
that water amount and temperature differences of small batches will show
up. Does this sound true?

If you are talking about seperate walls or surfaces, differences will not ve
very noticable but if you lay in grout on the same wall two times, you may
see the difference. Usually there is no good reason not to wait to grout at
the end. Leave yourself plenty of time because sponging off the grout and
waiting for it to setup can be time consuming.