Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Sink Pop-up stopper stuck

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Seth, but I have seen that 1 already, by using guess what :=)

Using the picture on that site as a reference, remove the pivot nut and then
remove the pivot arm then stick a coat hanger or other suitable poking
device up the hole to push the stopper out from below. The stopper has a
part that hangs down to about the level of the hole, try inserting the pivot
arm back into the hole at the bottom of the stopper and reattaching the
pivot nut and see if that dosn't make it work right.

If it is really wedged in (swaged) then you will need to disassemble the
drain and install a new one. Parts cost is not high and it is not too hard
either. Buy a plumbing book because the instructions are more than I care
to write if it comes to that.