Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Default Keep It Or Upgrade?...Older Sherline Machines

Thanks for the response Don.

I would agree that most things can be upgraded.

My concern is whether it was more economical to sell the old machines
and get the newer ones.

I also note that since Sherline got into the CNC market, one can see
that they are tweaking their machines to make them more CNC capable.
Some of these tweaks cannot be done to the older machines. Whether
these mods are critical is another reason whether to keep or sell the
older machines.

I seem to remember that you have a Emco CNC 5....do you find this
machine adequate for your usage? I ask because one of my upgrade paths
would be to sell the Sherline setups and pick up an Emco system later.

Thansk for any advice you might offer.

TMT