Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default painting cast Iron...

I'm trying to find a way to turn cast Iron into gold, and I have about
2 weeks to do it! I am running a cooking competition for a Bluegrass
festival in KY and I need to get a cast Iron dinner bell painted
(preferably gold) for the prize. This is somthing that is going to be
used year after year, so it needs to be fairly good at retaining its
paint, but i don't want to fudge upt he acoustics too much. I know I
must stay away from oil based paints, can anyone give me an idea?
should I just say to hell with it and look for a (much more expensive)
brass bell? or can this idea be salvaged?

any advice would be great!

in haste...
distortedreality