Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Toilet roll holder: broken spindle

wrote:
The plastic spindle on my toilet roll holder has fallen off and
shattered to bits. Any ideas for buying or making up a replacement
spindle?
The main arms of the toilet roll holder are ceramic -- they are tiled
to the walls and match the existing tiling. (1970s chic)

Bruce

The way I got mine when the same thing happened was to notice that
similar had been built into the walls of the office loos...but someone
had also installed separate ones, and the old ones were not in use.

Spring loaded spools are beyond the competence of most women and all
cleaners it seems,. so start looking in pubs and the like.