Randy

Default Machinist tools- what should a begginer buy?

A loaded question for sure, but hey, I've got about 900.00 to spend
on tooling, to start. My future interestes are model making, small
engines/model engine repair, etc. What type of tooling list would you
recommend, both for layout and measurement? Brands/types ect., good
quality, as I don't want to have to buy twice. I already have a well
tooled, albeit old, SB 11" with the funky 1 5/8 spindle, and will be
looking for a small mill in the distant future. Basically, I want to
buy the majority of what I need now, to do most anything, and add
specialty items on an "as needed" basis. Ideas? I realize it's a broad
request, but I want to cover the bases. All comments welcome. If you
want to drop an email, remove the first 2 m from the email header.
Thanks! Randy