Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful

Default Removing an awkward circlip

"Frank Stacey" wrote in message
I have a router for which I have just purchased a router table. When
mounted under the table the springs which normally lift the router bit out
of the wood just get in the way. They limit the height which the tool can
be poked up above the router table surface and they make it difficult to
adjust that distance.

In order to remove the springs I "simply" have to remove a circlip but it
consists of an o-ring of metal with a small segment removed. How can I
force this circlip open with little or nothing to get a purchase on?

TIA?
Frank

Digging with pointy things is the usual, but if desperate then cut through
it, opposite the gap, using a dremel. Even if you slightly cut into the
shaft it will make no real difference in use, just clean up with some wet
and dry afterwards.

mrcheerful