Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Removing an awkward circlip

Frank Stacey wrote:
I have a router for which I have just purchased a router table. When
mounted under the table the springs which normally lift the router
bit out of the wood just get in the way. They limit the height which
the tool can be poked up above the router table surface and they make
it difficult to adjust that distance.

In order to remove the springs I "simply" have to remove a circlip
but it consists of an o-ring of metal with a small segment removed.
How can I force this circlip open with little or nothing to get a
purchase on?

TIA?
Frank

What model is it or can you post a pic somewhere?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite