Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default Singing light bulb on dimmer switch/ worm digger

CJT wrote:

Rob Mills wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Way way back, theatres used salt water for dimming. Electrodes
would be

dipped in and out of salt water to bring the lamps up and down. I don't
suggest this at home!

Sit down for this one. Back in the mid 40's I had a shop class in
which we made worm diggers that consisted of two 36"X 1/4" steel rods
with wood handles and a 6' length of zip cord with a 110 volt plug on
the end. The instructor cautioned us "be sure and stick the rods in
the ground before you plug it in". RM~

We made hot-dog cookers that were just wires connected to line voltage
sticking up from a board.

We used two forks swiped from the college dining hall and a lamp cord
from somewhere. G

They used to sell tabletop hot dog cookers that would do six dogs at a
time, stuck onto twelve spear points in the unit. There was a hinged
cover, sort of like a waffle iron, which when closed operated a double
pole switch connecting those points to the line cord.

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)