Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Keeping gutters clean?

"jeffc" wrote in message ...
OK guys, what works? I've searched a bit, seen things like Gutter Helmet
that look great, but let's face it - if they won't tell you the price
anywhere, you know it has to be damn expensive. Is there an inexpensive
solution that works? I think it would be a lot cheaper to set aside money
to pay someone twice a year to clean your gutters than it would be to buy
some of these solutions. TIA

I have cedar gutters which don't have internal hangers. I made a 10' Air nozzle with a length
of 1/2" copper pipe, a ball valve, and a few PVC threaded fittings for adjustable end nozzle
direction. I just walk around the house, sliding the nozzle along the gutter, and blast the
crud out from the ground. The whole thing runs off my air compressor.

I've tried gutter screening on my garage, which has aluminum gutters with hangers. It
kept the leaves out, but pine needles and madrona berries from my neighbors trees
would quickly fill the gutters anyway, and I had to remove all the screening to clean
them so it was actually more work.

Bob