Mark

Default LP tank valve removal UPDATE

David A. Webb wrote:

I turned the tanks upside down and vented off the last bit of liquid
LP... and got the stink all over myself in the process.

Glad you did this. Ethel M will be mostly dissolved if there is liquid.

So turning it upside down and blowing off the last of the propane was
the best you could do to get rid of the mercaptan.

No fireball, your still alive and unburned, Cool.

I would have found a fitting to plumb it into a flex pipe and then piped
it into a piece of black pipe and had some Fun. Would freak out the
Neighbors.

Don't try this at home, I'm a trained Professional ( Woof! ).

Turning the tank upside down and blowing it off was the best thing you
could do to get rid of the stink.

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)