Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

Default Waterheater death in 3 year old condo building

On 22 May 2006 11:16:54 -0700, "RayV" wrote:

We can't believe that the water heater broke down in 3 years.

I can. Developers and builders are notorius for using the bare minimum
in quality for construction.

Builders here get run out of town by the dozens. I figure these
heaters last about 4 years a my location. Water hardness, with our
calcium kills them; because I had softener, one lasted 10 years... it
was above the norm for those that did not have a softener.

Recent ones I bought have a 6 year warranty. I would not spend the
extra money for one with a warranty longer, say 12 years.

Is there anything that we could do about this?

You could try making a few phone calls, maybe you will get lucky.

His fish, he cleans 'em.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."