Posted to sci.electronics.repair
sofie

Default Sony VO-9850 U-Matic SP tape creasing

moosh101:
You are correct about being "a little uncomfortable with adjusting the
machine internals".... DO NOT adjust anything.
Usually the tape creasing symptom you reported is most likely a worn
pinch roller and a little less likely worn capstan bearings, and quite
unlikely adjustments, incorrect back-tension, worn drum, bent levers
and guides, etc... unless, of course, someone has monkeyed with the
adjustments or bent levers and guides you should not suspect
adjustments at all.
electricitym
- - - - -

snipped:

"moosh101" wrote in message
tape was being creased by the pinch roller. I am not a technician and
fell a little uncomfortable with adjusting the machine internals,
though if anyone could give me some guidance, I would attempt a diy
fix. Many thanks, moosh101.

--
moosh101