Posted to alt.home.repair
Philip Lewis

Default Painting Brick Home

W. Wells wrote:
I thought maybe painting the house would help seal the old masonry and cover
the redone masonry. I practically like all of the painted brick homes that I
have seen.

I'm on the yuck side when it comes to painted brick, but it's your
house, so you should do what you want. I do have some ideas, though.

What about staining the brick? It should give a more uniform look to
the entire house. It won't be a perfect match, but it might allow the
brick to breath, and I *think* it would have less a chance of being
nasty looking. Anyone in the industry know if this is possible?

What about faux painting *only* the repair bricks to make them match
the majority of the house?

--
May no harm befall you,
flip