Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Wait

Default an *excellent* toolbox drawer liner, but who made this "mystery" carpet pad (pix posted)

"Paul in Redland" wrote in message
I don't know what it's called, but I've seen this stuff used as dunnage in
trucks. ( I'm a retired truck driver ). They will put it down on the floor
of the truck, then load the freight on top of it. It keeps the freight

from
sliding around. The shippers often used it when I hauled large rolls of
newsprint or other types of paper. The warehousemen would just throw it

away
when they unloaded the truck. You might check at the receiving dock of

your
local newspaper. I've also seen it used on shipments of beer. And, why

yes,
I did haul home a bunch of it about 10 years ago and lined my tool drawers
with it, works great.
Paul

Yep, what Paul said. I've got some that came from a trucker who hauled
newsprint. Downside is it swells when you get oil or solvents on it. "Bumps"
form like bubbles that wont lay flat. I use it on my work bench so I'm not
laying guns down on the metal top. I have to change it every six months or
so.
Tom

"dave" wrote in message
found some mystery carpet padding I -really- like and want to use to

line
my toolbox drawers,