Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthona

Default washer drain hose length

Don't know about the presoak question, but that is why I recommended
the
barbed plastic connector. Once both hoses and the connector get hot a
few
times, they sorta form to each other. Mine weeped for the first couple
of
loads, and I did have to tighten the clamps a couple of times. That was
9
months or so ago, and it has been dry as a bone since then.

aem sends...

What is a barbed plastic connector? What does it look like? I called GE
and the tech told me that the hose needs to be in an upward loop ( at
least 3' ) for it to not leak like in my case. They suggested to get a
"Anti siphon clip". Don't even know what it looks like. Apparently my
leak happened because it extended in a horizontal position at about 1
and 1/2 feet high.